Monday, April 13, 2015

EWJ #77 Finding True Happiness

Everymans WEEKLY Journal #77
©2014 Rev. David Seacord
June 15, 2014
Finding True Happiness…

(But first, THE REAL NEWS…. :-) 

It may not seem like much to you, but for me it has taken many dozens of hours of labor to create…(and it is still growing….)


Where this takes you is to my new online gallery pages within Fine Art America, an online art company that is right now offering beautiful affordable prints of any of the (currently 64) images that I have authorized them to produce and sell.  Soon I will be adding many more.  

As I have never done anything like this before, this is potentially a huge breakthrough for me. Even though I am just one of the over 100,000 artists Fine Art America does this on-demand publishing for, I can finally give up all the work of packing around boxes of prints--- and you, you can just choose the image you wish and order it exactly as you wish it… print only, or fully framed, or printed and stretched on canvas, or even just as a notecard (for only $5).  Yes, I receive less income per print…. and that is OK… because obviously the internet can reach so much further into this world and offer my art to so many more people than I as one person ever could hope to.  And of course it is set up to be shared via social media, so you can, if you wish, share me, like me, follow me. (Please do. I Thank you.)

I have always desired to be able to offer my paintings at affordable prices to the world.  I hope you will visit my new gallery and play with all the bells and whistles there… it's all virtual… like the framing feature lets you choose the frame, the mat size, the mat colors… all that.  

Have fun!  

(And now, back to our regular programming…)
______________________________________

Somehow this week, perhaps as the result of the accumulated lessons of late, I envisioned a T-shirt printed with the message: Finding True Happiness = Giving Up Personal Significance.  I felt a cosmic chuckle at the idea of wearing such a message…wondering who would 'get it', and who it might 'light up'. In a deeply real way, I do say that in my experience this giving up of the ego is always whereany 'next step' begins…

Many themes that relate to deepening surrender have been expressing themselves of late in my life. For instance, I've been hosting a young man-friend, an 'adolescent Christ' passing through the maturing uphevaling Saturn-return throes of accepting the destruction of his formerly very carefree life (as a result of the universe's need that he BE the father he now is).  Because I also have had the experience of life giving me that gift, I know the struggle that it is to accept that 'my/his' life had just been irrevocably changed through the touch of the biological pleasure drive. But I (with nearly 40 years on my friend and my son being now 23) have the knowledge that the prison will in the end become his great and true happiness.  In the meantime, I have been assisting by listening (and maintaining boundaries as necessary).  Is not ALL life really about this surrender?
________________________________________ 

Now it is time to make a long journey again, and I leave this safe haven tomorrow, beginning my summer traveling by returning to the 3HO Summer Solstice gathering in Northern New Mexico.  I look forward to my second experience of being among the Sikh faithful (and the otherwise consciously curious) attending it.  I will again be 'on the sound team'. A few weeks ago I had conversations about canceling due to feeling pressured about all the other time-needing projects I am committed to.  I am glad that I listened to my wise sound-supervisor's suggestion that joining in the sadhana would be a better choice than choosing being stressed.  I am sure he will be proven correct. I, like you I imagine, have always benefitted from being part of the sangha (spiritual community) no matter what version it happens to be.

Looking beyond Solstice I do see much work awaiting me at my parents home property in Eastern Oregon.  As it has been several years without major maintenance I plan to spend several weeks there beginning July 9th (in Prairie City-- in case you wish to come work too :-), AND…

On the way to Oregon there is this little powwow getting ready to happen in the Utah woods somewhere.  Hummm.  The Rainbow family gathering.  Of course if you have been reading this Journal for a while you know of my being arrested adventures at last years.  I smile as I consider the choice… to go or not to go.  I'll let you know.  
___________________________________________

Do I have more to say?  Of course, yes. But even though it is 'Father's Day', I also need to finish preparing to travel.  I wish I could give you my beautiful basil plants (that I fathered)…  or be here when the corn (that I fathered) is ripe.  Yet when wherever you are is fruitful, in life to make a choice, it is necessary to release…. to give some things up.  Let us all practice accepting this, and releasing what we must, but especially our personal significance.  

Many Blessings, Namaste, and Sat Nam, 

David

______________________________________________________________

FYI: If you would like to share this Journal as a webpage, at the very top of the email where it says:
"Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser." etc.
…. well, the word 'browser' is a clickable hyperlink that will open this email as a webpage…
which you can then copy and paste anywhere (like to share it on Facebook, or elsewhere).  

ALSO:  If you would like to share the link to the SUBSCRIBE page, here is the clickable or paste-able code:

ALSO: fyi, these Journals are being archived at:  www.everymansweekly.blogspot.com

If you get value from reading this Journal, I do appreciate your assistance in expanding it's distribution.  Thank you so much.  
________________________________________________________

Addition links to other writings, websites, etc:

Rev. David Seacord
Fine Art Painter / Sufi Cherag

No comments:

Post a Comment