Tuesday, May 6, 2014

EWJ #67 Four and one-half new poems...

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
EWJ #67
Everyman's WEEKLY Journal #67
©2014 Rev. David Seacord
March 22, 2014
Four and one-half new poems...


Happiness does not take all that much.

When I am willing to be a simple man,  

the heart of me can leap up

with YES! 

at the slightest beauty.

If I am empty enough…

(especially of my self-importance

or my habituatednesses... 

or the tethers of the old

passing 

industrialized 

insanities).

Today my indigenous happiness radiations praised the undying 

self-renewing life everywhere--

oh, I could not help myself-- 

for five shoots of new sweet corn 

have broken ground after two weeks of watering, waiting, 

and the fresh leafed crown 

of the three year old persimmon, 

at its upraised eye-height of seven feet

is full with it's first fruit flowers! 

Is this not true worship?

______________________________________________
______________________________________________


 Milarepa has been my guide

especially of late

especially when turning wrenches

especially when making mistakes

especially when discovering everything counts

especially when persevering and taking independent engine parts 

and somehow assembling of them a running engine.  

He 'only' built a house for his guru (some 900 years ago)

What?… ten times?  

You know the story?  How each time finished 

the guru said, Good--- now unbuild it.  Then, now build it again.  

Like that, my teacher has been my motor.  

Ah, the learning!  

The last Monday climax that was not the climax

but was only the twenty minute pleasure drive

for discovering that wrong sound---

that knock knock knock that must be found

even if the whole engine must be

completely taken apart again.  

Ah guru… again? 

They say enlightenment is only surrender that is faster than the eye can see. 

It turns out this is true.  

yet you know, once the will

is re-gained 

the second go-round contains 

little of the hesitations

of the first.  

Thank you, ever-deepening practice, for attention does work.  

Thus three weeks condenses

into three days.  

Now I have been smiling 

for over 50 brand new rebuilt engine baby-easy-pamper-it miles. 

____________________________
____________________________ 


I have learned it is OK if

I give myself the permission to:

make mistakes.

have emotions. 

take chances.

dream.  

joyfully feel my own uniqueness.

be truly happy. 

know my connectedness to others whether I 'know' them or not.

take care of myself. 

understand who I am and what I am here for.   

be a stand for whatever I can see is true.  

give up being naive. 

write lists/be organized.  

take on what is obvious to me is mine to take on. 

keep learning.  

stay interested.  

be 'nobody special', but still KNOW I do make a difference.  

live into THAT (knowing), and contribute to life by loving it.  

never cease trusting the goodness.  

self-express completely.

accept that I am responsible for what I make of this life.  

love myself.  

trust myself.  

know myself.  

Know God.  

no me. no you. not two.  

___________________________________________


Now 

I am suddenly so aware

that the time is so short…

that in 13 days 

my seemingly endless wonderful journey

of my winter-visiting son

will end.  

Oh, it is good in so many ways

for he is renewed

and ready.  

And the pasture at times has been small.  

Yet the clutch in my throat 

that fears being incomplete

should I not find out 

how to say 

I so love you

I would die for you

that good fear

is my best friend

now.  

_____________________________________
_____________________________________


Enough.  

Even though it will never end.  

It is always enough.  

_____________________________________
_____________________________________

Many blessing to each and all, 

Namaste, & Sat Nam, 

David


______________________________________________________________

FYI: If you would like to share this Journal as a webpage, at the very top of the email where it says:
"Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser." etc.
…. well, the word 'browser' is a clickable hyperlink that will open this email as a webpage…
which you can then copy and paste anywhere (like to share it on Facebook, or elsewhere).  

ALSO:  If you would like to share the link to the SUBSCRIBE page, here is the clickable or paste-able code:

ALSO: fyi, these Journals are being archived at: www.everymansweekly.blogspot.com

If you get value from reading this Journal, I do appreciate your assistance in expanding it's distribution.  Thank you so much.  
________________________________________________________

Addition links to other writings, websites, etc:

Rev. David Seacord
Fine Art Painter / Sufi Cherag

No comments:

Post a Comment