Monday, October 14, 2013

EWJ # 43 My Practice of Fasting

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.

A sketch of  Big Sur ©2013 Rev. David Seacord 8" x 10" Acrylic on Canvas


Everyman's WEEKLY Journal #43
© 2013 Rev. David Seacord
September 29, 2013
My Practice of Fasting

(Saturday 9-28)
I haven't eaten anything since last Sunday afternoon, when I realized this was good time to waterfast again (meaning since 2004 I have done this a good many times--in fact I try to do this regularly, a couple of times a year).  So today I am in 'day 6' of my fast from any form of nutrition.  I am subsisting entirely on about a gallon of pure water per day, and the reserves within my own physical body. 

I am quite fine by the way.  My vital signs are perfect. Yes, my weight has reduced about 10 pounds total and I am not doing much in terms of being active.  Mostly this week I have just been resting or sleeping, with a little light yoga and stretching added in when my body starts feeling tight somewhere.  I will be fasting at least a full week (or perhaps up to ten days) but not longer. That means I'm almost done, and I'm including that information so nobody gets too fearful for me, ok?   

While I do recommend this practice as the best thing anyone can do to improve their physical health, it is not something to do without having first gained a very clear understanding of how to do the process safely. And according to my 'by now fairly extensive training' in the subject, fasts of longer than a week or so are certainly best done under supervision.  All my longer fasts have been supervised by the staff of Tanglewood Wellness Center (now located in Costa Rica), which is one of the few institutes in the world where anyone interested in really DEEP cleansing can go and be assisted to safely fast for many weeks at one time.  If you'd like to receive their education about fasting, just go to their YouTube videos or Facebook page, or their website.  

If this idea is new to you, you may be wondering 'For God's sake's, WHY?!'  And the answer is quite simple:  Barring a physically caused trauma, all other bodily disease reduces to one cause---toxemia in the body.  We are living in and attempting to be healthy in a VERY toxic world.  We are exposed to countless synthetic chemicals in the form of pesticides, insecticides, fungicides, synthetically produced drugs and other pharmaceuticals, as well as nuclear radiation fallout and heavy metal poisons (just to name a few).  These substances are everywhere, and while less concentrated in certain areas, we cannot avoid them completely.  Plus, on top of that, our normal diet is also full of poisons…. processed sugars, alcohol, inorganic salts, caffeine and other addictive stimulants (such as nicotine).   

So what I am saying is that of the arsenal of methodologies that people use to maintain and/or improve their health, I view waterfasting as the most beneficial single action a normal person can do.  Why?  Because it is the most natural internal cleansing process that exists. All animals know instinctively to do it ---when injured they universally lay down and refuse to eat until they are healed.  Remember, our body is always attempting to keep us well.  We continually thwart that with our lifestyle and dietary choices.  When we are willing to do nothing and eat nothing and rest completely, the body uses that opportunity to do as deep a cleaning as is possible within the time frame we give it.  In my experience (and via many testimonies), the longer you fast the deeper the cleanse. My one week fast is purely a maintenance fast.  Hopefully it will clean out the majority of the toxins that I have acquired since my last fast, maybe a bit more.  That's why I do it regularly, just like you clean house regularly.  This is my BIG secret to how I stay youthful. So now you know….

And by the way, it is not just physical….it is also spiritually that one is cleansed.  Why else would the Prophets have fasted so often, as is abundantly recorded in various scriptures?  On my previous longer fasts I most definitely entered visionary states and communed with beings of much greater wisdom than I.  I am certainly looking forward to the time I can go to Tanglewood again for a much longer fast.  

In the meantime, the affairs of the world do require attention, and it is much better to responsibly fast for 'maintenance' than not at all.   

I know this writing is a bit short, compared to what I have been sending, but, well… I'm fasting.

But come to think of it, there is one more offering I have for you... if you are interested in the subject of meditation, I suggestion you visitwww.clairvision.org.   I met these angelic folks at Bhakti Fest, acquired one of their CD programs (which I have found highly valuable).....and thus would like to offer you the connection.  

Many blessings and deep peace to each of you, 

Namaste, & Sat Nam,

David


FYI: If you would like to share this Journal as a webpage, at the very top of the email where it says:
"Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser." etc.
…. well, the word 'browser' is a clickable hyperlink that will open this email as a webpage…
which you can then copy and paste anywhere (like to share it on Facebook, or elsewhere).  

ALSO:  If you would like to share the link to the SUBSCRIBE page, here is the clickable or paste-able code:

ALSO: fyi, these Journals are being archived at: www.everymansweekly.blogspot.com

If you get value from reading this Journal, I do appreciate your assistance in expanding it's distribution.  Thank you so much.  
________________________________________________________

Addition links to other writings etc:

Rev. David Seacord
Fine Art Painter / Sufi Cherag
 
You are receiving Everyman's WEEKLY Journal either (1) as a result of you personally subscribing to it's predecessor Blogs, or (2) as a sample forward from a friend (or me) AS AN INVITATION TO SUBSCRIBE, or (3) because you HAVE opted-in via my sign-up forms. If you choose to subscribe, you may easily unsubscribe at any time you desire. To subscribe, just click on this group of code [ http://davidseacord.us1.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=306aba00e6959c604de750bcc&id=62a1ee7045 ] to access the sign-up form. If you don't know or remember me, my artist website is www.davidseacord.com. Thanks for joining us! Namaste, David

Unsubscribe dseacord@copper.net from this list | Forward to a friend | Update your profile
Our mailing address is:
In God We Trust, Rev. David Seacord, Trustee
C/O 210 Ojo De La Vaca Rd
Santa FeNew Mexico 87508

Add us to your address book

© 2013 Rev. David Seacord,  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment