Monday, December 10, 2012

EWJ #1: "Leaping into Creation"

Everyman's WEEKLY Journal (#1)
©2012 Rev. David Seacord
December 2, 2012

'They' say when you get an inspiration you have about 10 minutes to take action on it before it fades into 'what was that idea?' inaccessibility.  So, this is probably going to be the 'rough cut' from that 10 minute window, just to get me going.  

I woke up early this morning into the vision of Everyman's WEEKLY Journal as 'the answer' I've been needing to get me committedly writing again… it's just been way too easy to keep putting it off (you've noticed?).  Being self-honest, I've had to admit that if I haven't made a public commitment (in other words 'Given My Word') about doing something, I often don't end up doing it---even when I know that the 'doing' would be good for me AND others.  

So, here's my commitment to writing:  Henceforth I will deliver to my subscribers every Sunday morning (from now on-goingly until 'declared complete') something I pray is worth their reading.  I guess I'm choosing Sunday because of it's significance culturally as a 'spiritual' day… and probably my watching my father usually spending his Saturday's writing his 'sermons' (for his churches the next day).  Anyway, it works for me as a time slot that I can see I can manage.  

I've been missing regularly writing.  There is something about expressing feeling and thoughts into written language that transforms who I am to myself in the process.  That's what I get from the practice.  But like making something delicious is much better tasting when shared than eaten alone, so is writing.  I hope you'll enjoy getting my writing cafe menu delivered to you once a week.  

Today (cause it's already Sunday) is short....'just the announcement'…. and the creation of the thing by the giving of my word.  Here's to you having a powerful walk in life this week.  I'd see you on your cyber-doorstep next Sunday.  

Blessings, 

David


No comments:

Post a Comment